Permanent blush is a cool beauty treatment for people who cannot use regular blush due to makeup allergies or for those who just want a natural glow on their face.
In this procedure, called micro pigmentation or cosmetic tattooing, a light pink shade is tattooed onto the cheeks. It is not too strong, just a soft and cute pink glow.
This blush lasts for 2-3 years and will slowly fade, so your cheeks go back to their natural color over time. It is an easy way to have a lovely blush without using makeup all the time!
Look at this article to learn about cheek blush tattoos—what they are, how the procedure is done, and what you can expect after getting the treatment.
What exactly is a cheek blush tattoo?
A cheek blush tattoo is a trendy cosmetic procedure designed to add color, reduce dullness, and define the cheekbones. This technique involves using an electric machine or microneedling device to apply light, rosy pigment to the cheeks, creating a soft and subtle blush effect.
The popularity of cheek blush tattoos has grown in Europe, America, and Korea because of the sun-kissed aesthetic and natural glow they provide. This technique originated in Italy and evolved over the years into modern-day micropigmentation. In Korea, it was also adapted as part of BB Glow, and there is an additional option called BB Blush, which is an add-on to BB glow contouring.
How is the cheek blush tattoo procedure carried out?
The cheek blush tattoo procedure involves using an electric device or microneedling pen in a technique called micropigmentation. During this process, specific cosmetic pigments are injected into the dermis layer of the skin using thin needles.
To achieve the desired blush shade, the artist may utilize lip tattoo pigments or specially tinted serums for BB glow blush.
The entire procedure typically takes around an hour, including a consultation with the artist or technician to discuss skin sensitivity and allergies. Before the tattooing begins, a numbing cream is applied to the cheeks to minimize any potential discomfort during the process.
Benefits of cheek blush tattoo
- Gives your face more shape
- Makes your cheekbones look lifted
- Keeps your face always fresh and glowing
- You do not need as much makeup every day
- Makes your face less dull and adds color
How to Pick the Right Cheek Blush Tattoo for You
Choosing the perfect cheek blush tattoo shape and color can be a bit tricky, so it is important to get help from a licensed technician or artist. They will look at a few things before the treatment:
1. Skin Tone and Undertone:
- Warm-toned colors like peach and coral are great for warm undertones.
- Cool-toned pinks or reddish hues work best for cool undertones.
- Neutral undertones can go for almost any blush shade, but nudes and bronze are perfect for a sun-kissed look.
2. Face Shape:
- Round Face: Apply blush in a straight line from ears down toward the outer corners of the mouth for a narrower and more elongated look.
- Oval Face: Apply blush along the upper part of cheekbones to add height and definition, ending just below the cheeks.
- Diamond Face: Apply blush on the tops of cheekbones, fading out toward the ears to highlight high cheekbones.
- Heart Face: Bring blush up toward the temples to balance the pointy look of the face.
- Square Face: Apply blush at the center of cheekbones, fading out toward the ears to flatter features and emphasize cheekbones.
- Rectangular Face: Apply blush along the center of cheekbones, curving around the apples of the cheeks to add softness and shorten the face.
How many years does semi-permanent blush last?
Semi-permanent blush, like cheek blush tattoos, can stick around for up to 2 years if you take diligent care of it.
For the best results, it is an innovative idea to get touch-ups regularly. The first touch-up is needed about 45 to 60 days (about 2 months) after the first procedure.
Cheek Blush Tattoo Aftercare – What to Do and What Not to Do:
- Stay out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid sweating, saunas, or alcohol.
- Keep your skin hydrated for at least 10 days (about 1 and a half weeks) after the procedure.
- Do not wet your face for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid wearing makeup for at least 2 weeks post-procedure.
- Do not touch or pick at scabs during the healing process.
Do you want a cheek blush tattoo?
Having a permanent cheek blush is like adding a subtle touch to your face. It can make your skin look nice and lively, fix any unevenness, and bring balance to your features.
No need for complicated stuff after, but remember, this is a new thing, so we cannot promise it will always look good.
Finding someone good to do it with might be a bit tricky since few artists offer cheek blush tattoos. But it is important to get someone who knows what they are doing for the best natural look.
A cheek blush tattoo is like a subtle way to make your face look nice and lively. It helps fix uneven skin tones and balances your features. It does not need much care after, but since it is a new thing, we cannot be sure how long it will look good. Finding someone good to do it might be a bit tricky because few artists offer cheek blush tattoos. Still, it is important to find someone who knows what they are doing for the best natural appearance.
- How long does a cheek blush tattoo last?
- A cheek blush tattoo can last up to 2 years with proper care, and regular touch-ups are recommended for lasting results.
- Is the cheek blush tattoo procedure painful?
- Before the tattooing begins, a numbing cream is applied to minimize discomfort, making the process as painless as possible.
- Can I choose the color and shape of my cheek blush tattoo?
- Yes, the color and shape of your cheek blush tattoo can be customized to suit your preferences and complement your skin tone and face shape.
- What is the aftercare for a cheek blush tattoo?
- After getting a cheek blush tattoo, it is important to avoid direct sunlight, sweating, and alcohol. Keep the skin hydrated and refrain from wetting your face for 24 hours. Avoid wearing makeup for at least 2 weeks, and resist touching or picking at scabs during the healing process.
- How do I choose the right cheek blush tattoo for my face shape?
- The application of cheek blush can be tailored to different face shapes. For example, a round face might benefit from a straight blush line, while an oval face may look best with blush along the upper cheekbones. It is advisable to consult with a licensed technician to determine the best style for your specific face shape.
- Parry, A. Tattoo: secrets of a strange art. Courier Corporation.
- Sides, M. Temporary Tattoos. Kenyon Review, 35-45.