AFTER CARE FOR BROWS
Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This will last 3-4 days. Do not panic! It is normal.
Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattooed area. Keep the tattooed area clean patting dry with a disposable paper towel 3 times a day, then apply thin layer of the after care ointment provided. Apply using a disposable cotton swab.
Swelling and redness is minimal with most clients, and will disappear within 24-48 hours. In some cases, it may last around the eyebrow area for up to 3 days, but will not prevent working or socializing. The treated area may feel a bit like a sunburn afterwards but there should only be minimal discomfort.
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid using any soaps or cleansers on the treated area for the first week as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
- Do NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It will appear as though the eyebrows are gone. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- You must avoid working out for 1 week following your appointment. Light exercising is allowed with minimal sweating. The salt in the sweat will fade the pigment very quickly and give poor results.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for the first 14 days. You MUST wear a hat while outside during the healing process.
- Do NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Chemicals of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- No swimming pools, jacuzzi’s or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do NOT soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. Keep in mind that microbladed brows healed up to 30% softer than the initial color.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic Acid, Retin-A, face peels and exfoliation must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
Please note that final results can not be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. The tattooed hair strokes tend to have a more crisp look once healed on dry skin compared to more blurry strokes on oily skin. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your touch-up appointment and make any changes necessary.
Healed results will vary with each individual client and using a pencil or powder may still be needed. Additional sessions (charged accordingly) may be required to obtain optimal results.
AFTER CARE FOR LIPS
Lips may feel dry or chapped or possibly tender to the touch immediately following the procedure. Swelling or brightness in color is also common too.
Apply light pressure on lips with a clean paper towel for 4 hours after treatment to remove any fluid commonly referred to as lymph. Start applying ointment after 4 hours as needed to keep lips consistently moist.
No kissing, rubbing or friction on treatment area.
Keep lips moist at all times applying ointment on lips several times a day. Drink with a straw and avoid oily, spicy and heavy seasoned food. After every meal gently rinse and clean lips with water then pat dry and re-apply ointment.
Lips will start peeling at this stage and the color will lighten by about 30%-50%. Continue keeping lips moist and Do not pick or rub your lips. It’s important to let the peeling happen naturally.
Lips are done peeling and the color is light. You may return to normal routine while your lips will continue to heal. Every week more color will surface, it is important to continue keeping lip moist to get the best color at the end of healing phase.