Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is microshading permanent?
A: Microshading is a type of semi-permanent makeup which will fade over time.
Q: How long do microshading last?
A: Ombre Brows last between one and three years. The variation in time is determined by lifestyle, sun exposure and skin type. Someone with an oilier skin type tends to experience results that fade quicker compared to someone with a drier skin type.
Q: Can I do my own microshading treatment?
A: No, only a trained professional will be able to safely perform the microshading treatment – self-application may cause injury and/or infection.
Q: How often should I get microshading?
A: After your first treatment is fully complete, including touch up appointment 6 – 8 weeks later, you can top up your microshading every 1-3 years. This can depend on varying factors such as lifestyle, skin type & routine and environmental factors.
Q: Can I apply eyebrow gel to my eyebrows?
A: Yes, however an advantage of having microshading is never needing to wear eyebrow gel.
Q: Can I swim, shower or exercise after my microshading treatment?
A: Yes, 1 week after the treatment.
Q: How do I take care of my eyebrows after the treatment?
A: Each client should be given a sheet of aftercare instructions after their treatment. A brief overview of the instructions are listed below, and a full detailed aftercare sheet is provided at the end of this manual.
For 7 days after the treatment:
- Use a mild antibacterial soap to gently cleanse the brows, rinse every trace of soap away and gently pat dry. Do this twice a day.
- With a clean finger, apply a small amount of aftercare ointment after every cleanse.
- During the healing period, avoid wearing makeup in the healing area.
- Do not pick or touch the eyebrows.
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas and swimming.
- Avoid activities that may cause excess sweating.
- Drinking excess amounts of alcohol.
- Avoid using creams on the face containing acids or retinol.
For 1 month after the treatment:
- Avoid direct sunlight and sun beds
- Avoid facial or skin appointments e.g. chemical peels and forms of exfoliation.
- Avoid facial cosmetic procedures e.g. botox and filler.
Q: Describe the microshading process?
A: You will have a bespoke eyebrow shape mapped to enhance your natural eyebrows and frame your face, and using an SPMU machine, small dots will be shaded into the eyebrow area fading from light to dark in an ‘ombre’ effect.
Q: How much does it cost for a full treatment of microshading?
A: The cost will vary from area to area. The average full treatment is priced around $500 to $2000. You will want to look at your local market and demand before setting your prices.
Q: Is microshading painful?
A: Naturally everyone’s pain tolerance will differ, but microshading is less invasive. There is less pain as there is no constant drag of the needle going through the skin.