Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is microblading permanent?
A: Because of two factors, the effects of microblading are semi permanent. First, instead of the carbon basis used in permanent cosmetics, the pigment utilised in microblading has an iron oxide base. Second, when compared to permanent cosmetic operations, microblading pigment is not injected as deeply into the skin.
Q: How long does microblading last?
A: microblading last between one and three years. The variation in time is determined by lifestyle, sun exposure and skin type. Someone with an oilier skin type tends to experience results that fade quicker compared to someone with a drier skin type.
Q: Can I do my own microblading treatment?
A: No, only a trained professional will be able to safely perform the microblading treatment – self-application may cause injury and/or infection.
Q: How often should I get microblading?
A: A touch up is recommended 12-18 months after the initial microblading which keeps the colour of each stroke looking vibrant.
Q: Can I apply eyebrow gel to my eyebrows?
A: Yes, however an advantage of having microblading is never needing to wear eyebrow gel.
Q: Can I swim, shower or exercise after my eyebrow microblading treatment?
A: Yes, 1 week after the treatment.
Q: How do I take care of my eyebrows after the treatment?
A: Each client should be given a sheet of aftercare instructions after their treatment. A brief overview of the instructions are listed below, and a full detailed aftercare sheet is provided at the end of this manual.
For 7 days after the treatment:
- Use a mild antibacterial soap to gently cleanse the brows, rinse every trace of soap away and gently pat dry. Do this twice a day.
- With a clean finger, apply a small amount of microblading aftercare ointment after every cleanse.
- During the healing period, avoid wearing makeup in the healing area.
- Do not pick or touch the eyebrows.
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas and swimming.
- Avoid activities that may cause excess sweating.
- Drinking excess amounts of alcohol.
- Avoid using creams on the face containing acids or retinol.
For 1 month after the treatment:
- Avoid direct sunlight and sun beds.
- Avoid facial or skin appointments e.g. chemical peels and forms of exfoliation.
- Avoid facial cosmetic procedures e.g. botox and filler.
Q: Describe the microblading process?
A: You will have a bespoke eyebrow shape mapped to enhance your natural eyebrows and frame your face, and small hairlike strokes are drawn into the skin with a blade and pigment and can take around 2 – 3 hours to complete.
Q: How much does it cost for a full treatment of microblading?
A: The cost will vary from area to area. The average full treatment is priced around £200 – £650. You will want to look at your local market and demand before setting your prices.
Q: Is microblading painful?
Although the procedure can take upward of 2 hours, most people report only feeling minor pressure or discomfort and less pain than a typical tattoo due to the use of a numbing cream. Some level of pain or discomfort should be expected.